PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - UK
Thread: Virgin - UK
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 21:35
AP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Airhostessdream,

Well tax will be worked out on £10185 after your yearly tax free allowance is taken off which is around £5080 so you will pay tax on £5105 but only 10%, allowances etc are given to you downroute cash in hand so i don't think you pay tax on those. You will def get more than £660 put into your bank account so don't worry about that, i think it'll be in the region of around
£800 and then on top of that you will have your allowances which you can also save.

You will do a max of 6 flights a month, the average varies between 4-6 flights a month, if you do 6 you wont be required to do more. Virgin have standby months now, where you are on standby for a whole month rather than a few days at a time each month. You do not work on your allocated days off so don't worry.

Flights run 7 days a week, the first flight from heathrow leaves at 9am i think for New york and the last one leaves at around 10.30pm, crew have to check in 2 hours before their flights.
From gatwick all flights have left by lunchtime with the first one being again around 9am.
Virgin don't have flights that leave in the middle of the night.

Hope this helps!