PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 21:15
HeathrowDictator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ncleflights
I can't imagine them hanging onto a route with less than a 24% load factor.

Also surprised that globespan are still having a base at DTVA if they are only achieving 43% loads on TFS, thats a miserable load factor.
NCLEFlights, two things:

1. The Brussels route is still very new - and does it not have some funding from elsewhere? I could be wrong with that but I am certain that OneNorthEast helped set the route up - possibly with a financial benefit to the airline?

2. If you see mmeteesside's post, he said he assumed 189 seats each way due to it being a shared aircraft and that was the very first rotation of the service. If I remember rightly the third week of operation there were only 40-50 pax travelling onward back to GLA therefore if it is still running at the same pax levels on the route, then a higher proportion of that will be MME pax.

Both of these "miserable" load factors as you put it are looking at very new routes - something everyone in the business knows need time to settle down and for the public to take to. I myself tried booking the MME-TFS flight for next summer and couldn't get the dates I wanted at first because (I presume), the flight was full. I know TFS is a winter destination, however I find it very unbelievable that in the naturally weaker winter months you will be getting more than a 70% load - so the fact it was in it's first week I wouldn't be suprised if 43% is accurate.

I still think the routes that GSM have announced from the airport are very sensible ones, and that they are routes which will be highly popular with the Northeast public.

As always - if I have my facts wrong, please feel free to correct me.

-HD-