PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 21:11
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When talking to a trustee of the super fund some months ago, i was left with no doubt that our super is fully funded and the company cannot get its hands on it becuase of the trust deed and they way its managed and funded.

there is some talk of an amount of money that they could get their hands on but the trustees i am sure will be doing what they can to block that avenue if possible, but even so it appears it would not affect whats on your current statements,

At the recent FAAA meetings it was made clear that the FAAA have not approached the company to terminate the current EBA early not have they asked them to start early negotiation. conversely, the company has not indicated formally that they are even interested in an EBA 8 even when the current one expires.

What the FAAA has been talking about at its meetings is a range of strategies designed to maximise our chances of getting another EBA as opposed to the other more draconion options available under work choices.

It would indeed in my view be a very good thing if Qantas indicated a desire to commence discussions on EBA8 at any stage . The alternatives under workchoices legislation would be catastrophic for crew ...have no doubt.

I see little point though for those in here that care about these issues to work yourselves into a lather at this stage. Much of it is completely out of our control and we must play a certain amount of the waiting game.