PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - UK
Thread: Virgin - UK
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 20:42
Airhostessdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Few Urgent Questions, Please Help All!!!

Guys i totally need some help with a couple of questions.I would appreciate it if someone can try 2 answer a few for me. I am having 2nd thoughts about accepting my offer, i actually worked out the pay for new starters is roughly about 849 a mth but if you add tax to that it becomes around 660 per month .I know there is flight allowance but that is like 36.40 or so per return flight.

Burning Questions

1. Does anybody know how much tax can be? I figured about 190pm. And the yearly pay 10,185 is actually the amount before tax is taken off right?

2.The whole standby thing. If in general one does 3-7 flights a mth, thats about 2 a week or so.(to destination, and back) So standyby flights is that overtime flights? meaning you may not get your 9 days off a mth?that you May have to work on your day off, Or is standby just part of your 1 flight, there and back weekly routine anyway?
(But it's for covering someone who is sick etc, i get that part, what its for) LOL!

3. final quezzy guys, is (do flights run 24/7, 7 days a week? I know the earliest flight can be 9.30am. But what can the latest flight be, can you have a flight that leaves at 3am, 1am etc, all through the earling morning hours uk time?

Thankyou Lovely's xx