PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Different rules for AT and FJ aircrew
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 19:29
dessert_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Originally Posted by HEDP
Only a couple of questions if I may,
Why not use service accomodation if available? Surely not to do so would constitute a misuse of public funds.
Why do those Timmy crews wear desert flying suits when other users from differing fleets cant get them for love nor money especially as there are only limited occasions where the Timmy crews expose themselves to the harshness of the desert moonlight?
Why do they plan to arrive in the wee early hours in order to ensure people are kept up all night. Surely, arrive earlier then more night hours to cater for any unscheduled delays without requiring to waste a whole day before departing? Or is it all too inconvenient to start the day in the UK earlier.
Dons Flack Jacket (and thats another thing, what kin use are they when the rounds will come up from below or from the side, not conveniently front to rear),
HEDP
HEDP:
Do you really think we have that much influence over all of these issues? As a general rule AT crews stay where they are told to stay, and this includes on base Akrotiri, I, as have many many others spent a lot of time in blocks 101, 102, 145 etc etc. On arrival at said base ops we are allocated our accomodation and now and then get put off base. I believe, and i cant substantiate this, that it is the home bases that insist there FJ crews have first shout at on base accomodation, in an effort to save money, but i stand to be corrected on that one.
As for wearing dessert flying suits, they are available and we are therefore told to wear them, i would suggest that supplu sqn on your unit needs to try a little harder to obtain them, AT crews wear them because we are told too.
As for take off and arrival times, do be real, we again are told when to take off and at what time to land in said places, again doing as we are told.
The wearing of CBA I believe is a command decision, and therefore just pass on the instruction, and try and get others to do as they are told.
With all this doing as you are told, anybody would think we are in the military.