PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 18:21
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemurian
"ATTENTION :
If a disconnect button is pressed for more than 15 seconds, the A/THR system is disconnected for the remainder of the flight ; all the A/THR functions, including ALPHA FLOOR are lost. They can only be retrieved after the next FMGC power-up."
Great !
... but did CAPT Asseline or anyone in the flight deck at that time press more than 15 seconds one of these disconnect buttons ?
I'm not the only one to ask that question.
And I did ask that question to Zeke 10 days ago ... but still no answer !?
But you're also welcome to quote it.

Having said that, even if someone had done it, it would not have changed anything as:
1- Airplane never reached an AOA to trigger such a protection
2- Airplane was below 100 feet RA

Staying on the same point, they did not on that flight initially have the "under 100 ft" condition, because of the terrain. Read again the transcript and find out that the rad alt kept on giving varying heights
Oh that's getting interesting here !
As you seem to have all the relevant information on the subject and on top of that it's part of your recurrent, please, or I should say PLEASE, quote for me these radar altimeter values, lets say for the last 20 seconds or so, of this flight.
Even better if you want to quote them from the official report ...

I suspect that you don't fly the 'Bus, as I do
That's a bit scary ... but I still believe you can do a good job without knowing everything on the type you fly.
No, my concern is more in this attitude, this lack of openness, this way to stick to a version as "official" it could be without questioning a single minute.

I advise you to get some more infos from the University of Bielefeld site, they had published some pretty pertinent remarks on that accident and they are not part of the French conspiracy
And to illustrate that, I would be more than happy, honestly, if you bring a link to this information. I will obviously read it, and if it's pertinent, I'm ready to change my mind ...

I know I'm bored, but please, keep posting, you make my day every time you do.