PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM AIRPORT - 3
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 16:38
MME4eva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UkLad007 I agree with your very reasoned argument about the bmi LHR operation and, with regards to this, their MME performance. Forgive me everyone if I'm being over simplistic but is MME really an Airbus A319 (or indeed A320) type destination? In the days of Fokker 70/100 and 737-500s you would see load factors very healthy and hasn't the poor load factors been a consequence simply of an aircraft change in the bmi fleet?

Now actual passenger numbers is another thing all together and all I have to say to this is that we always lived in the shadows of NCL and even LBA with our figures for LHR but surely a 4th rotation (albeit a slot protector) is diluting demand and spreading the numbers of pax over too many flights?

As for the website this is poor on behalf of DTV as in a cut throat environment as aviation up to date info is vital and i honestly believe info on the website could be the difference between a potential passenger from let's say the Humber/Yorks region choosing between EMA and MME on some routes not offered at DSA or LBA (we'll forget about HUY to the tumbleweed spotters )