PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jailed (alcoholism & pilots)
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2006, 09:52
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Judging a fellow by what one read not really knowing all the facts is unfortunately common today. One would expect a bit of understanding from its own breed, but it turns out in this case that your colleagues are your worst enemies.
Those colleagues of course never ever drunk a glass of alcohol in their career less than 10 hours before reporting to duty and would immediately report to the authorities even their best friend if they seven suspected he had one too many while a work.
They of course have never suffered any serious problems in their life and can judge without a doubt that they would never resort to drinking alcohol to soften the burden when that happens.
Now does that make it all right to drink on duty then ? , of course not, but sending the guy in Jail and prevent him for pursuing a career ever after is neither the solution one would expect from some of his colleagues..

And yes, it is all about giving second chances. The whole life is based on second chances, I would not be here today if I had not been given second chances a some point , and probably with similar “ Ayatollahs” in charge , the Wright Brothers would have continued making bicycles.

Now, I am going to open my bottle of St Julien for Lunch.