PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jailed (alcoholism & pilots)
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2006, 21:11
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I read - I believe he, and his family, have lost quite a lot already, Job, Home in Dubai, etc. Making him serve all his small sentence won't hurt him much more. But, it will make a large impact on the pilot community if all drunk pilots are seen to be punished as befits the offence.
His sentence is quite severe- far more severe than many perpetrators of violent crime. He has presumably been punished 'as befits the offence'. The problem here is people wishing on him punishment beyond his imprisonment, and for the rest of his life! If violent criminals and murderers come out of prison 'having served their time and discharged their debt to society' (sometimes after extremely short sentences even for murder), one wonders how fair it is that it is wished upon this person punishment for life for a crime where there are no wounded victims and nobody has been hurt or disadvantaged. It was an attempted crime as I am quite sure the other pilot would not have allowed proceedings to continue.

Don't some of you have the righteousness of God all of a sudden!