PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jailed (alcoholism & pilots)
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2006, 20:50
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mouth opening...

I'm not a pilot - as my handle suggests - but I do have a lot of aviation related responsibilities and I think that you guys supporting this 'errant' pilot is really Laudable - But...

This is just the latest of a continuing series of "misdemeanors" that are given a high profile, but not a high enough profile.

I believe the lack of response, to this news breaking, displays some level of acceptance of this type of incident by users of this site, as "just another one".

I believe one of your alcoholic associates is going to cause a Smoking Hole at some time, and the post-mortem evidence will be too disparate to examine for the true cause, if it hasn't already happened.

I believe that this case could be given a profile high enough to display to all pilots the effects of not conducting proper personal controls at all times, as befits personel given such huge responsibilities.

From what I read - I believe he, and his family, have lost quite a lot already, Job, Home in Dubai, etc. Making him serve all his small sentence won't hurt him much more. But, it will make a large impact on the pilot community if all drunk pilots are seen to be punished as befits the offence.

Mouth closed, Eyes (and ears) opening.....