PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 11:53
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confiture ,
As usual, attacks are better than defense, aren't they ?
The book I have, page 12.22.68.05, paragraph 5 states in italics (verbatim translation ):
"ATTENTION :
If a disconnect button is pressed for more than 15 seconds, the A/THR system is disconnected for the remainder of the flight ; all the A/THR functions, including ALPHA FLOOR are lost. They can only be retrieved after the next FMGC power-up.
"

As you can see, my dear friend, maybe you could read all of the book you cite, or cite all the relevant articles. I suspect that you don't fly the 'Bus, as I do, otherwise you wouldn't have trusted NJ, but I suspect you won't change your mind.
Staying on the same point, they did not on that flight initially have the "under 100 ft" condition, because of the terrain. Read again the transcript and find out that the rad alt kept on giving varying heights.
By the way, this particular item is one of the main points that are discussed on the requal syllabus. I should know.
I advise you to get some more infos from the University of Bielefeld site, they had published some pretty pertinent remarks on that accident and they are not part of the French conspiracy . Until you come back with infos that are not from Asseline's or Jacquet's books, this discussion is moot. Might as well talk about angels' sex life.
Regards.

Last edited by Lemurian; 19th Dec 2006 at 11:56. Reason: Spelling