PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 05:44
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding is that the FAAA leadership is not in any hurry to see the end of our current EBA.

What has been mooted is that if a new EBA were possible and maintained enoigh of what is important then it might be worth taking a new agreement to flight attendants for a vote.

If what is on offer does not give the necessary guarantees and benefits then we would stay on our current EBA and would be no worse off.

To commence any discussions with Qantas is not dangerous. But as i have previously said on here, i dont believe that a new and early EBA is of interest to Qantas.

I think that they would rather wait and see if Howard gets reelected and take everything rather than settle for potentially less than that.

The next 12 months will be very interesting and the private ownership has thrown additional complexity to an already precarious position.

As a very senior manager said recently if you think that i cant replace all sh/lh crew at half the current price you are kidding yourselves. they may lack experience but they will make up for that in enthusiasm and be acrosss the job in less than six months.

Goodwill, experience and loyalty/dedication dont seem to be able to compete with that. Workchoices/Howard and the new right mantra are the compelling choice available to both Dixon now and potential new owners