PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 00:36
jaded boiler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou for your input Borg. This has been my interpretation also.

As I'm inevitably about to be labelled an "armchair" IR expert, I'd just like to state that I'm also something of an "armchair" philosopher, so I might share some bon mots that seem rather prescient.

It appears that there is tendency amongst humans, particularly when in small groups, to consciously see that which they desire to see. We seem to have difficulty perceiving concepts and ideas which may evoke personally negative connotations, whilst seeing with increasing mollification things that are felt to be positive, and ostensibly comply with the group goal. Ideas that initially provoke anxiety and defensiveness, for instance, either because of an individual or group's personal histories, biases or perceptions, require much greater elucidation before being properly understood.

In the current perilous IR environment, the widest-ranging legal opinions need to be sought, and considered with an open mind, before reaching a consensus on the best way forward. Employee representatives need to avoid being dogmatic, and be flexible enough to unashamedly alter tactics, should more effective options present themselves.

Finally, remember at the next election, the present federal government is no friend of employees. End of rant, time for a bex and a cup of tea.

Last edited by jaded boiler; 19th Dec 2006 at 04:46.