PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you recommend a career in the military
Old 18th Dec 2006, 22:52
johnny99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Teatime
A big yes. Have completed the first 16 years with another 16 to go. Loved every miniute. Away as much now as I was when I joined my first Sqn many moons ago. It is not as good as it was but older and bolder guys said that to me 16 years ago. To all potential recruits I advise you to go in with your eyes open, be prepared for hard work and time away but over all enjoy it. Yes the airships need to make some changes as I don't really want to be the one to switch the lights off.

A Merry Christmas to all.
Second that. Anyone who is prepared to do some hard work, want’s do something extraordinary, work with some truly unique, talented and motivated individuals then join the military. Sure every organisation has its highs and lows and every generation has a different vision for their service. In our hearts we don't do it for the politicians, or the country; in the end they all turn their backs at some point. We do it for each other because we know what we share something unique. The RAF set me up for life - my advice to anyone is go for it: give it your all and reap the return.

argue for your limitations and they're yours