PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 20:41
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair seem to be going from strength to strength and are arguably becoming the home airline of EMA, considering that whilst they have an equal number of based aircraft to what is currently considered the airport's "home" airline bmibaby, they have more seats and routes than we do. They seem committed to expansion, and almost every new route announcement over the last few months has been from them. It really is a shame that bmibaby have not been able to fully take advantage of the huge potential market we had from EMA, now Ryanair have moved into many of the big markets, putting baby between a rock and a hard place. Where can WW expand to next? It seems a legitimate question, particularly if rumours of a sixth based aircraft are true. I have to say my obvious bias as an employee of bmibaby would suggest we will outshine the competition; but Ryanair provides excellent value for money, and I think with the general lack of innovation and investment at baby, we're going to find it increasingly difficult to catch up.