PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OOA's dont count!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 19:49
Rob's Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bladdered
Oooooooooooooooh yes they are!!
Ed
That may be so Bladdered, but it is not the advice given to 1st ROs in a covering letter from a star-ranking officer. I know because I actually commented adversely on this on the front of this year's AR after reading that letter. My Boss (ex-deskie himself) also phoned up my desk to enquire about this and was told it was correct! I think someone believes the parody that we all still conduct ops from 4-star hotels with pools.

I also found out at the same time that the policy issued (unbeknown to me ATT) in Nov? 04 has been reversed and that people exercising options are again read by PSBs. I assure you this was not the case as last year (after completing 4 month det in hazardous jt multi-national conditions in ME - having first had the temerity to exercise my option point - and, of course, getting the 'usual' glowing write up from my Army boss that I should be promoted immediately) PMA deciding that as I was leaving I would not be boarded and therefore they would not raise an AR on me . I also commented appropropriately on the previous policy in my latest AR - strangely no one has replied. Any relationship between this year's hari kari front-page and PSB reading is I'm sure coincidental as my boss was told that I could be promoted in, erm, 4 years

Last edited by Rob's Dad; 18th Dec 2006 at 20:47.