PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Conversion Type Ratings
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 19:24
fastbuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA Conversion Type Ratings

I would like to share my views about the BCAR to EASA Type Rating Conversion. I am 44 years old Malaysian born, did my basic in Aer Lingus, got my first 747/RB211 type Rating in 1985 with MAS went on to get B747-300/400 with various engs& Twin Otter DHC6 Type Airframes, did 14 years with Emirates where i got A300/A310/A330/A343/A345 B777/200/300.
spent 2 years at Transaer Dublin where i was trained on A320-V2500. I am currently with Aer Lingus. Thats a total of 26 years, 21 as a certifying LAE. I have held BA/MH/EK/ authorisations & have certified BA/MH/EK/SV/KU/SQ/TK/MK/CI/AF/BALAIR/ & numerous other airlines which I cant list at the moment. I have an FAA A & P, UK CAA A & c LWTR, UAE GCAA A & C Type, Irish Dept of transport Airframes & Malaysia DCA LWTR & Type Airframes( now expired).
Most of my training was conducted in Boeing/Aeroformation(now airbus Training)/GE.
I have moved to Ireland to our family home & I am currently employed by Aer Lingus in Maintenance Control. I do not have any certifying authority at present. During the conversion process i was given a B1 & C Category. with limitation 1 & 9. The only Type Rating acceptable to the CAA was the BA conducted training on 747-200/300 Rb211, Everything else was discounted as non acceptable. I have already made one trip to the CAA, wrote letters & emails without success.
I am totally disgusted by the way EASA & the UK CAA have just dumped all my years & ratings just like that. I am currently engaging a UK solicitor with what little savings I have left because I have no other choice. If there are anymore engineers out there who may have a similar plight please email me on my home email: [email protected]
For those who you who I may have met or will meet in future, my full name is Andy Inderjit Singh Hullon. I was born in Malaysia & currently reside in Dublin, Ireland.
Seasons Greetings to All.