PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 18:52
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Explosion at Shell and Agip Residential Compounds PH

There are many reports of car-bomb explosions in both the Shell RA and Agip compounds in Port Harcourt today. Thankfully, there are no reported injuries. So much for those who thought Shell and Agip staff are lucky for living in secure compounds - personally I never did as security at both is a joke and it's just a huge concentration of senior staff all in one place, where a bomb or attack anywhere could take someone out. I wonder if CHC is now rethinking its policy of having the night standby crews staying at the AGIP guest house? . I bet they still haven't figured that moving everyone to the death camp just means they're all in one small area so they can be easily hit .

The leaders of MEND have issued a press statement saying that they were planning 3 bomb attacks, but one was aborted to prevent injuries to civilians. They have also said in a press statement that the hostages recently taken from Brass will be held indefinitely and that they will soon take more until they have enough to bargain with the government for the release of the imprisoned Asari Dokubo and the disgraced former governor Alameseigha of Bayelsa State.

It seems that Odili (for now) is not in the running for VP for the PDP as that nomination will be going to Governor Jonathan Goodluck of Bayelsa State. I'm sure Odili will be up there somewhere though.