PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigeria Aviation Minister & current issues (threads merged)
Old 18th Dec 2006, 18:32
surely not

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yup that's a valid call for lack of attention to detail Mostly I had indeed misread the first stepping part of your post.

Now it is my turn to claim a miscontrue of my post. I have re-read it a couple of times and I do not see where I said that the expats are/were to blame for the chaos. I believe that I suggested that considering their numbers, and the influential positions many have held, that the lack of progress in resolving much of the chaos suggests more of a compliance with the status quo than finding ways of encouraging reform.

Yes the Govt are indeed a little sensitive to open critisicm from ex pats, and the effectiveness of the muzzling is proved by the difficulty in getting reforms of business practice through.

I think it is more correct to say that there are a limited number of Nigerians living in Nigeria who have the world wide experience required to take over many of the ex pat positions. There are quite a few who are doing a very good job, but unfortunately many others have chosen to take their skills abroad, so the situation arises where the experienced Nigerians are working abroad leaving a gap in Nigeria which is filled by experienced ex-pats

I guess the tone of my response to you was a tad testy for which I apologise.