PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Panasonic CF-72 Notebook radio device
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 17:58
Florida mud wrestler
Mud slinger extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panasonic CF-72 Notebook radio device

I am trying to help a friend who has purchased a Panasonic Toughbook running Windows XP Professional with Intel Pentium III 694 MHz processor. My friend knows even less about computers than I do and has been using it on a LAN cable but wants to use it “wireless” When the computer was purchased on e-bay from a non computer literate guy, it was loaded with XP Professional and the hard drive had been wiped clean. The wireless was not working at that time and the computer has an extending ariel and stickers on the base and an "unknown device" which all suggest that there is a wireless device installed.

The wireless device is shown on the Device manager as “unknown device” with a yellow question mark against it. There are two stickers on the base of the computer, one says:
“For use with Panasonic Notebook Computers, CF-72 Series RIM RF Modem TX FCC ID: L6AR802D-2-0 or L6AR902M-2-0
The other says RIM Model:R902M-2-0 Man:16195465 ESN:031/11/069944 PRD-02426-001

Clicking on the “unknown device” the Device Status says “The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28) To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver”. Clicking on “install driver” results in a request to provide the location of software. Of course, searches on the web are impossible because it is an “unknown device” I have tried to uninstall the device but windows finds an “unknown device upon a reboot and asks for a location of the driver.

Can anybody help unravel the mystery of the “lost” wireless device or point me in the direction of a suitable driver please?