PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineer Shortage ?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 17:36
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you did you rascal.....

.........just had to vent my splean. There is nothing more galling than watching a good bunch of engineers who toil through the night to deliver the goods only to find that .....

no they can't have a hangar with proper lighting heating and ventilation.....or....

no they can't have the staff to keep pace with a 10 flight hour per day flying programme for each aircraft because the manpower budget was written around 5 hours per day.... or .....

no they don't have the staff licensed on the new type yet because some t***er (not sure what the US equivalent of t***er is but maybe w***er is better understood in a world where 'fags' are definately not cigarettes) who planned the whole project had an MBA from the Kellogg's School of Management ..... or should that be Wrigley's.... as in 'gum'!!.... and thought that licensing was done on the internet by return of post. (mail!!) Grrrrrrrrrrrr

G

PS. We used to say 'Lions lead by donkeys' but there is a case for saying that's unfair to the poor bl***dy donkeys.

PPS. sorry everybody, wont go on about it any more

PPS. SAS - My chum was a victim of a CAA system so don't get me wrong. As Nick says, both systems seem to achieve the same results in the end but IMHO that's no excuse to ignore those wrinkles that need ironing out.

Last edited by Geoffersincornwall; 18th Dec 2006 at 17:40. Reason: catching up with SAS