PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 18th Dec 2006, 16:12
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am as surprised about the Sun article as anyone else. MODs can we unlock the XV206 thread please? There are a series of photos linked in that thread. The BoI should be announced any day now, and within days of the crashof XV206 most informed people were suggesting the ac had hit a landmine. As for foam being standard, well, I think the officially agreed figure is 3 aircraft. Almost 2 years have gone by since the original crash of XV179. Ingram is saying that all ac will be completed by the end of next year so I can safely say the Sun are a long way off the mark. Still some conjecture until the BoI is announced and looking at the final photo it must have been a job to piece together the evidence. The big giveaway is the crater on the strip behind the ac. As for exclusive the pictures were carried on C4 News several weeks ago, but if it highlights the Hercules and frontline issues hey, I'll take a bit of publicity any day.