PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter pilot saves fixed-wing pilot - Unbelievable sequel! (NOW UPDATED)
Old 18th Dec 2006, 15:38
itsveryeasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it hits the fan!

I remember buying a book years ago entitled "When it hits the fan". Must say I can't remember much about it, except for the first chapter. That one chapter was all you really needed, and I 've never forgotten it.

"When it hits the fan" - First thing - recognise it - own up - say sorry (and MEAN it) if need be! Why? because it defuses things!

Someone somewhere in the initial stages of this affair did get it wrong. Don't let's mess about - they just did. Quite who, in what circumstances and why we may never know.

From what I can tell from this forum Dom has never asked anyone to put these posts in, nor to reply to them, and he has never posted anything himself. The fact that his friends have speaks volumes about them - not about Dom. It also seems that neither the company owner nor the CP have either. So all three have to deal with this publicity and none of them contributed to it, other than by being who they are and doing what they did.

What the London Helicopter Centre will be remembered for is not the thread running now - but the outcome. Thus far this has been the most amazing waste of superb publicity. What LTC will be remembered for is the solution LHC provide NOT the fact that there might have been a muddled/ confused/ misunderstood communication up front.

You that are directly involved - and that's three people - just sit down together - respect each other - give praise for a job well done and then decide on how such a thing will be handled in the future.

THAT way you could all come out smelling of roses. I fear for all of you if you do not do something like this.

That will show the world you're big enough to take this stuff in your stride.