PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OOA's dont count!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 15:15
GlosMikeP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaddamsLoveChild
Evidently, and according to the debrief I have just had from my Grnd Branch Desky, OOA reports are not looked at for promotion boards because everyone gets a god one and its what you do in your primary role at the stns that counts.

The Fat Lame and Lazy will again be rewarded over and above their warfighting contempories because of the stability that their lack of deployability gives them. After a robust discussion it was stated that the OOA reports would be looked at if a snapshot of an individual was required when in direct competition.

I despair for the minority of the service RAF that do deploy time and time again, but who will not be rewarded for it with advancement. I was advised 3 years ago when I returned from a 6 month Telic OOA that warfighting was all well and good but it disrupted reporting patterns and was not a good career enhancing move. The truth is being borne out now.
sad if true and not at all how it worked with the Falklands war, when much dross and dead wood got swept aside.