PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 14:28
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are on semantics here.
As seen in my previous post, i talked about the A/THR system and how its deconnection in this case meant the loss of an Aoa protection feature. Had it not been done by the pilot,the Alpha floor mode would have been triggered and the spectators at Habsheim would have had a wonderful memory to tell their grandchildren. Not a ball of fire rising from the trees, but the glorious acceleration/climb of a beautiful airplane.
Though I admire your sense of friendship in defending the indefensible (that goes to the original NJ, too, by the way...), the bottom line is that your friend acted recklessly on an aircraft -and I give you this - that no one really knew at that time, not even he.Whether there is, as you claim, foul play by all the authorities in France and in Europe is left to fora like this one to discuss, generally in vain. In my opinion, I'll go back to the original comment of the Captain I referred to :" For someone who should bear the deaths of a few people on his conscience, he is really very arrogant."