PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 13:01
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemurian
I apologise for my previous post
That's fair enough.
It 's a real quality to know when apology, and not every body is able to do it.

Now, I really don't see why you jump on the answer given to your statement:
Originally Posted by Lemurian
A feature that has been commonly overlooked was that the auto=thrust (and therefore the AoA protection ) had been disconnected by the pilot himself
... the reply was very much valid:
Originally Posted by the shrimp
It’s absolutely wrong. The AoA protection is independent of the autothrust and remain active even with the autothrust disconnected
... and I don't see where "His knowledge of the airbus ATHR system is in error" in what he replied ?

Recognize you are a bit hard to follow:
After pretending AOA protection was lost, you change your mind in the next post: "AoA protection remained available"

I don't feel at ease with many comments from people sticking to the "too low too slow too late" version not to mention the unavoidable associated PNF comment:
Originally Posted by Zeke
CLB can command the same N1 as MCT.
If it takes the MCT N1/EPR to accelerate and/or climb whilst in CLB, autothrust can command it. Pretty basic stuff
So, FCOM ignores the pretty basic stuff:
"When A/THR is active, FMGS commands the thrust according to the vertical mode logic, but uses a thrust not greater than the thrust commanded by the position of the thrust lever. For example, when the thrust levers are set at the CL (climb) detent, the A/THR system can command thrust between idle and max climb"

Originally Posted by Clandestino
capt. Asseline has never heard of it. Othervise he would have been familiar with moral3 and would never, ever sit down and write his book
He has probably never read your story, but obviously you have never read his book either as you would know that Asseline shut his mouth, confident in the investigation, and it's only when he realized he was fooled he decided to write the book.

Now, would he have chosen to unite with Norbert Jacquet, early and with consistency, either he would be a tramp too (which he's not and he hasn't been eaten either ...), either together they would have had a much better chance to make them heard.

Originally Posted by Clandestino
Sadly, alpha-floor protection 'thought' that airplane was landing, as it was at 30 ft RA, so didn't intervene by automatically hitting TOGA
That airplane, as clever as it could be, didn't have to think or not to think to automatically switch to TOGA, as pilot had done it already even if it was only by a mere 5 sec as stipulated by official report.
And even if ALPHA FLOOR protection was available at that kind of altitude, tell me at what kind of AOA the A/THR would have triggered TOGA ?