PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oasis Road Show
Thread: Oasis Road Show
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 12:45
Frogman1484

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mangopanga
Frogman, get your facts straight. Overflight rights statement incorrect. Housing statements incorrect. Stay away. Honestly, the airline industry really doesnt need individuals like yourselve blemishing it.
Thanks mangohead, maybe you can tell me which statements you find incorrect.

Thanks Bianchi for the support.

Let me give you some facts about the over flight rights. Oasis made a mistake with the application of the Russian over flight rights. Instead of applying for a schedule service, the applied under a charter service, which means that they have to apply for every single flight instead of a schedule (fact). So now Oasis has to fly the southern route through India (until they get the rights sorted out), which is about 2-3 hours longer than the Russian route (fact). 2-3 hours of extra fuel is the equivalent of 20 -30 tones of fuel each way (10tones an hour on a heavy 400...also fact). Mango man, maybe you would like to tell me why they are flying the Indian route (Pilots need to practice HF calls?)

About the accommodation, I can only share with you what we have been through here in Honkers...If you are happy to live in a small apartment in a high rise block then 25k will be enough. If you are coming from a large House in Sa with a pool and a double garage you will not enjoy living there (fact). Why do you think that the Cx and KA housing allowances go up to 50K after 2 years and even up to 73K as a captain?

Mango mate why don't you call the Hong Kong Alpa office and find out what 25k will rent you here, at the same time you can ask them about the cost of living, like schooling for your kids, medical expenses etc

Next time you feel the urge to write a post like you just did, sit on your hands for a few minutes and think before you type, maybe then you might want to join a debate instead.