PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JCB
Thread: JCB
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 11:57
thedemolitionman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by markysharky
Hello Demolitionman,
sorry to hear about what happened & hope things get better for you.
In your opinion, are the problems with the way Engineering staff are treated likely to improve in the future (i.e. with the new managers)- or are things a bit too deep-rooted (from the top) for that?
Hope you don't mind me asking but I was very tempted to apply recently-but having spoken to an ex-employee (mentioned in previous posts) changed my mind immediately! but as there aren't too many Rotary Eng jobs in the East Mids area it's always good to know the score.......
Unfortunatlly in the short few months i was there i saw a lot of good and bad the good being a strong work ethic and willingness to chip in to get things done at all levels within the Aviation Dept. However this attitude led my downfall.
There was a severe lack of personnel while i was there 1 rotary engineer and 1 Fixed who was also doubling as chief Engineer in my opinion the mapower needs to be doubled as the hours were long and very flexible 55+ hours was not unusual. note (contract was for 39).
Management opinions don't count, Accidents become Gross Misconduct. 20 years served by fellow engineer counted for nothing. Main problems sit at the very top. belive top managment (HQ) scared to rock the cart in fear of losing jobs. Very Autocratic. Be aware this position is quite high profile and very close to the family.
Also a large percentage of time is taken up with presentation of aircraft and Helicopters inside and out and by the way they are white.
However i did enjoy my time there and was prepared to stay for a long long time. Their loss!!!!!!!