PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2006, 03:49
NIGELINOZ
Incurable Romantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outside Looking In

Quoting ROAMINGWOLF "Lets not have any more personal bickering and start working together."
Never a truer word has been spoken,as a person who does not work in the industry but has flown Qantas 47 times this year I have to say that personal attacks on each other will do nothing to help solve the issues associated with the takeover.
There has never been a greater need for all Qantas staff,union or not to put aside disagreements and show a united front,obviously it is not for me to say that this will have any effect on what happens re job losses etc but having worked for many years in the corporate world I know that negotiating as a professional,united group will always command greater respect than a disorganised rabble(not that I suggesting that is what is happening now).
Despite having misgivings about the way this has been handled I have a lot of respect for the business acumen of people like Peter Yates (head of Allco and the man Kerry Packer brought in to sort out the One Tel mess) and I believe that he is the sort of man who will talk openly and frankly about plans to sell off Qantas business units and will deal honestly with unions, Many may feel I am being naive on this point but I believe in the aussie tradition of giving a bloke a fair go,lets see what happens.
And yes, I know that I speak from outside and my livelihood is not at stake,I understand how some of you must be feeling,but please don't let this stop you from having a merry christmas and presenting a strong,united and as always has been the case,professional group of Qantas employees.I know you can do it.work together.

Last edited by NIGELINOZ; 18th Dec 2006 at 03:51. Reason: Spelling