PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 21:00
Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cesare.caldi
To make free space to open new CIA-MAD route, from end of february CIA-EMA start to be operated by EMA based plane with this new timetable:
EMA-CIA 6:30-10:05 daily
CIA-EMA 10:30-12:10 daily
This flight will now leave only 30 minutes before the easyJet departure on exactly the same route. I think that's a real shame, because the timings before pretty much made it possible to spend a short day, or nearly two fully days, in Rome, this option will no longer be available. Excellent though to have this Ryanair expansion - and the latest rumours are Cagliari and Palermo I believe.

I heard in work yesterday that First Choice are beginning to hand back their A321s to their lessors. As EMA is a A321/B767 base, any idea whether we will get a B757 or A320, or if the A321 will be around for a while yet? Surely it makes sense to be B757/B767, though this will obviously be a crewing issue. Having not handled FCA B757s, will this spell the end of FCA's premium service on shorthaul? I always thought it was an innovative product for a leisure airline to offer.