PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 20:17
SeamusCVT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Last year TUI moved their UK HQ from London to an office block a mile from Luton Airport. A few months ago they also moved their Thomsonfly admin operation from the airport to the same office block.
If I may please correct you, TUI UK HQ are still based at Columbus House I and II, Westwood Business Park, Coventry. Thomson, and Thomsonfly, have now moved all their operations to Wigmore Place, Luton.

From Herr Frenzel on the TUi AG website:

“Our consistent branding will facilitate considerable efficiency increases in the use of marketing resources and will boost our sales opportunities”

What exactly shall they be marketting though? Will they still be marketting the charter holiday, which is still successful in mainland Europe, or will they be marketting the "dynamic pakage", passenger chooses own holiday, dates, flights, hotels etc, which is what the UK is fast moving towards?

They surely cannot have a pan-European marketting strategy, when different countries require different targets....the whole idea has been ill thought out.

At the end of the day, many people here in England don't even know about TUi (although it is obviously a massive name in Germany)...many don't even know about Thomsonfly.com, Herr Frenzel is expecting that within 2 years the same number of people that travel on Thomsonfly (approx 10 million on charter and scheduled services) shall be logging on to a company that they have heard nothing about?!?! All I shall say is that those fortunate enough to miss this round of job cuts, had best keep their fingers crossed in 2008 that again another load of UK job cuts will not effect them.

Last edited by SeamusCVT; 17th Dec 2006 at 20:51.