PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 19:16
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruma,

Interesting reply to FT. I thought I was fairly well informed normally, but the red 365 door story is new to me. However, knowing the company concerned, I'm not the least surprised and the remark about 'brown envelopes' rings very true. Having seen the way the yellow Astar is operated and after the A109 landing in Shell IA I wouldn't be surprised. I see they're now building a hangar at NAF Base. What on earth are they going to put in it, with just a couple of Asrars operating in Nigeria? I can't see how they even cover their debt requirements with the work they do - maybe the EFCC as well as the NCAA s should pay them a visit? .

Now that Caverton's 109 has been sold and arrived in UK, I don't suppose they're much interested in Agusta products any more. They never did get all the Agusta factory approvals they were rumoured to be after. Where will they land a Let 410 in Bonny? Do you really think Mobil will allow a company like that to operate to Bonny airstrip without a complete audit from Mobil aviation department in the States? They don't even seem to be capable of operating their 365s properly, let alone a fixed wing. Who failed to think they could carry on operating without CVFDR after the new regulations? Is it the guy who's now deputy MD or was it an ops decision?

Odili may have withdrawn from the Presidential race, but don't you think he'll still be a major political player either as VP or as a senator?