PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter pilot saves fixed-wing pilot - Unbelievable sequel! (NOW UPDATED)
Old 17th Dec 2006, 13:42
Night Watchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone can be an idiot for bothering about a technicality when sensible poeple would ignore it as an unimportant.
Can't say I disagree with you but it depends on where you draw the line.

Does it really matter whether taking the paramedic from the scene of the accident to Goodwood was technically public transport?
Well, I suppose it depends on how far you look into it.

If, for example, the aircraft carrying the paramedic back to Goodwood was involved in an accident then would that not leave the operating company and pilot wide open to prosecution and possible legal action from the parmedic's family for operating outside its AOC? Perhaps Flying Lawyer could help on that one.

Are there safety reasons why operating in that fashion does not form part of the AOC?

The CAA are responsible for policing aviation and surely it is their job to follow this sort of thing up if it is brought to their attention.

Just raising some discussion points... that's all!

Personally, I believe the pilot acted in good faith throughout and his prompt action could have prevented something much worse. So good luck to him and very well done.