PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIMOPS at YBTL
Thread: SIMOPS at YBTL
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 12:24
Ratshit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chimbu chuckles
Its all in your AIP Enroute...all you need to know about LAHSO...I tried opening it on the CASA website but my ADOBE is not up to it...might be because I use a MAC instead of a PC.

LAHSO is not open slather...there are specific procedures which must be followed. Things like it is a dependant procedure, it will be mentioned on the ATIS, specific read back requirements, pilot advice of LAHSO approvals, undertsnding of the distance to run markers...etc...all headings under which fascinating info lives in your AIP ENR section.
4 Participation in LAHSO operations
4.1 For the purposes of regulation 5.11, it is a condition on a private pilot licence, a commercial pilot licence or an air transport pilot licence that the holder must not, while operating an aeroplane, actively participate in LAHSO unless the holder:
(a) carries out the operation in the course of the holder’s duties as an
employee of an operator who has a training and checking organisation
approved under regulation 217 and has been assessed by an appropriate
person in that organisation, in accordance with the check and training
manual, as competent in those matters specified in Appendixes 1 and 2;
or
(b) is certified in the holder’s personal logbook by an appropriate person as being competent in those matters specified in Appendixes 1 and 2 and
able to actively participate in LAHSO; or
(c) is being instructed or assessed by an appropriate person for the purpose of enabling the person to determine the holder’s competence in those matters specified in Appendixes 1 and 2.
4.2 For the purposes of regulation 5.11, it is a condition on a student pilot licence that the holder must not, while operating an aeroplane as pilot in command, actively participate in LAHSO.
4.3 For the issue of a log book endorsement under subparagraph 4.1 (b), a pilot must be shown to have met the requirements of the Achievement Record as set out in Appendix 2. For that purpose, the Achievement Record must be signed by the pilot and an appropriate person before being submitted to CASA.
4.4 For the purposes of subparagraphs 4.1 (a), (b) and (c) and paragraph 4.3, an appropriate person is:
(a) a CASA flying operations inspector; or
(b) the holder of a grade 1, 2 or 3 flight instructor rating (aeroplanes) who has the log book certification referred to in subparagraph 4.1 (b); or
(c) any other person approved by CASA; or
(d) for a person referred to in subparagraph 4.1 (a) — a person approved by the operator to provide training and checking in accordance with the
operator’s check and training manual.
Civil Aviation Order 40.0
4.5 A logbook certification referred to in subparagraph 4.1 (b) must be in the following form:

(Name of pilot and ARN)
has been instructed in and found competent to

actively participate in Land and Hold Short Operations (LAHSO) in
accordance with subsection 4, and Appendixes 1 and 2, of section 40.0 of the Civil Aviation Orders, on (Date).
Signed: (LAHSO instructor)
ARN: (of LAHSO instructor)
Flying Training Organisation: (Name, if applicable)

Its OK Chuckles - I did not "actively partcipate"!
(Is that like " I did not have sex with that woman"?)

My participation was quite passive!

R