PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 2
Thread: Aer Lingus - 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 12:09
johnrizzo2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=airbourne;3023855]After I asked about the 321, I found out the ETOPS myself anyway! But thanks.

The other thing that Im a bit curious about it the 330s itself. Obiviously the main probs are that most of the older a/c are going tech quite a lot. Why is this? The older models are only 12-13 years old! How long did their 747s fly for? Is there a fundmental problem with the 330? Or is there just a refusal by EI to update the interiors, IFE etc (yes I know weight concerns) We can all sit here and moan about the EI t/a product, but thats us? has anyone up the chain at EI noticed that theres a problem? Have any of the EI execs ever flown, BA, VS, or any of the american carriers? €3k for a premier seat, and no guarantee that the ptv will work or even the seat for that matter.

EI are not refusing to update their A330's! The fact is, they are fighting a major battle with FR on most of their European routes, and just got privatised, and not forgetting the FR proposed take-over! I'm sure EI are working on replacing older A330's, and updating cabins, but where are they going to get replacements????? Newer wide-body aircraft are far and few between! There isnt many 2 year old A330's or 777's lying around!!!