PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 11:20
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyboy543
Re the new arrivals baggage belt, It'll be interesting to see where the 'airside' part of the belt will be, ie where the bags will get loaded onto the belt. Currently the ROI, Channel Islands entrance is there and the 'airside' part of belt 3 (behind the Servisair Desk), and there wouldn't be room for another belt there even if they took out that entrance anyway. At least not enough room so the belt could be used independently, the problem the other belts have at the moment. If one flight is being loaded onto belt 2 say, you need to wait for that flight to finish until they can access belt 1. Same with 3 and 4. They could do with re designing the whole arrivals area from scratch, this would save time people spent in the hall, and therefore reduce the queues!!
I wondered how they were going to do this, but I'm only going by something I heard from our dispatch team, that the airport wants an overhaul of the arrivals area for next summer which will include an additional baggage belt and more handling agent presence. Interesting what you say about airside handling though.