PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Para training to be stopped for 4 yrs
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2006, 11:05
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not normally one to be lost for words, but this government leaves me unspeakably appopleptic with the general disregard shown to the armed forces as a whole.

So Commanders in Afghanistan can have anything they want can they Tony? Would that be anything as long as it isn't more helicopters or an airborne capability??? Because I guarantee you we will be in country longer than the moratorium on Para trg.

And whilst the arguments about how expensive it is and how troops would rather get more CAS, helos etc, there is one flaw in that argument - the money cut sorry saved won't be re-directed to fund extra assets elsewhere! Probably go to fund some new disabled African single-parent lesbian drop in centre in Tower Hamlets.

And as I type, the news is on and Tony is as usual leading from the front with a stirling example of using email and video conferencing by commencing his pre-Christmas middle east jolly. But then again, it always was one rule for senior civil serpents and politicians and another for the rest of us.