PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World's Longest Mail Run Part 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 23:52
Desert Flower

Location: Next door to the neighbor from hell, who believes in chemtrails!
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Deejay 1
I know it's the silly season and all that but puhleeeeeese PPRuNe'rs surely you can't have missed the glaring errors in this article.
1 Jody Rollings and his colleagues at AIRLINES OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA. ASA bit the dust in November 2005!
2 In the AirNorth ASA days there was no Jody Rollings, nor any of the other pilots mentioned.
3 In the AirNorth ASA days, Chieftains flew the Mail Run not Aero Commanders.
So what gives? I know for a fact that ASA was never approached by Outback Magazine to do a story on the Mail Run, so this article must have been written pre Oct 2003 or is a compilation.
And does anybody know who John Dunn and Trevor Fox are????
So what am I, a non pilot, missing here? Is there some sort of secret handshake conspiracy happening????
Can't wait for the replies.
Rock On!
Deejay 1
The glaring errors in this article are that if you are looking at the online copy it is definitely NOT the same as the hard copy. Yes, the online one was done pre Oct 2003. And it isn't even Jody Rollings in the photo, it is Jeff Hodges. The article I referred to in my original post in issue 50 Dec2006/Jan 2007 has a photo of the CURRENT mail run pilot, our very own DISCO AIR. And no, I haven't a clue who John Dunn & Trevor Fox are. Care to enlighten me?

DF.