PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 20:52
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowerlobe, you are clearly a complete moron. I have never heard any of our FAAA officials say that they know everything. I have read every newsletter and attended every meeting since i became a flight attendant and it has never been said by the current leadership or any of their predeccesors.

I have seen a few anonymous posts in here that some thing or "know" are FAAA officials.

YOu complete dolt Lowelobe, when was the last time you ever offered anything other than critisism. You have never stood for office, you have never got up at a meeting and offered any viable alternates.

Even here, all you do is whinge and critisize. You are one of about 8 people who post in here regularly like myself. We express opinions and discuss things. You almost single handedly link every bad thing that happens to crew to the FAAA.

From my perspective unions have had their wings clipped severely. Given that Long Haul crew still have the best conditions of any crew in the Qantas group and arguably the world, i fail to see how the current FAAA leadership have failed us.

They inherited the worst EBA in the history of the FAAA from the previous leadership and methodically during negotiations and using the media and pressure of threatened industrial action reversed every appalling aspect of that EBA.

At the same time when they came to office they had 500K in the bank, an office manager who worked from home, a receptionsist who no one could understand and a membership officer who hated the members. An office that was run down and costing 120Kpa to rent in the city where members had no access.

Lets look at what was achieved in 2 years since they came to office.

1. Complete reversal of all the failures of EBA 6.
2. An ongoing dialogue with Qantas that has resulted in a few flexibilities that have actually helped to make the Long Haul Division a little more viable.
3. These flexibilities have given the Long Haul FAAA leadership a little credibility with the COmpany in that it "may" lead to another EBA8 rather than the appalling alternatives.
4. The reductions of cost in the FAAA and officials to the tune of taking it from over 36 officials down to 13 keys flight attendant elected officials
5. The Purchase of premises for members that are close to the base for easy accesss and meetings. ( and an asset rather than dead rent)
6. The employment of an accountant to run the FAAA offices and membership system.
7.Two qualified industrial lawyers on the full time staff.

The net result of this is a lean, competent and efficient FAAA that produces timely and concise communication to its members that outshines any union in the country. A union that works hard for its members and provides a boutique level of service and accessibility. A Union that now has 1 Million is cash and a 1.5 million premises paid off. All this in two years.

My question albeity rhetorical is to the former officials.

1. Why did you sell us out in EBA 6 and
2. What did you do with all the money?