PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changing Professions
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 15:15
peppero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi flyoneday,

same thing for me here. i also want to make a career change and apply for emirates. good thing for you because you realized this at an early age, unlike me. im now on my late 20's without any customer service experience. imagine that...

actually, i've been planning this change of career since i was 23 y/o. but then i always dismiss the thought because im not that confident that i would pass the qualifications for flight attendants holding the typical notion that this job is only for pretty ladies. and now im a bit of regretful because i know that my chances are slim because of my age. so if i were you, i would pursue my application while you are still very much qualified.

i am a licensed accountant in the philippines. i know i still have a good career ahead of me practicing my profession. but then i would still try to apply even though i know that i don't have much chance. i just want to stop regretting. If I don’t get it, it’s fine with me. I can tell myself that I’ve given it a try but didn’t make it, maybe the job isn’t really for me. If I get it then that’s good for me. If after two or three years, I stop liking the job, then I can always go back to accounting profession. But if I don’t try applying now, two or three years after, my application may not even go farther than passing my resume. And upon seeing my age, im automatically rejected.

Actually I’ve read some of your posts on emirates thread and I can see how much you encourage everyone to give applying a try. I can feel how much determined you are for the job. I think attitude-wise, you will be a very good fa.

I hope we’ll both make it.