PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - UK
Thread: Virgin - UK
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 14:59
Emmy Lou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 2ndchance,
This is Emmy Lou and I too am in the same position as yourself.
I applied to be an In Flight Beauty Therapist 5 years ago and made it all the way through the interview day but was not offered a position. My circumstances also changed but wanting to join Virgin didn't!
I have just re-applied to be an IFBT and been invited to interview in Jan!
Now, unlike last time, I am married and have a mortgage! I have been lecturing in Beauty Therapy and have been well paid.
Have you found out any info regarding your questions as I was hoping to know a little more before I go to interview but have not had any answers yet!
Originally Posted by 2ndchance
Hi All, have learned loads from reading your previous conversations, thanks. I would realy appreciate your thoughts on this - I was offered a job as cabin crew with VA last year but sadly had to turn it down as my circumstances changed. I have thought about it ever since and may try again but have a few niggling questions. I have recently got married and wondered if many cabin crew have husbands/wifes and how the travelling & time away from home affects your relationships. Does your partner often have the opportunity to travel with you?

Also, I am in a very well paid but very dull job at the moment. I am prepared to adjust to a new salary but is it very difficult salary wise when you don't get many flights? How many flights would you do a month for example? Can anyone tell me what the monthly average pay is?

Thanks for your help - I need to make a decision soon!