PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 11:29
FougaMagister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lemurian
I am glad there is some sense in this thread. As a few of you have already started, the very first reason for this crash is reckless flying (...) The second evidence of that accident was the complete self-assuredness of the pilot, down to the flippancy of the ("XXX will have a H@rd-on over this...") (...) "for someone who should have the deaths of several people on his conscience, he is bloody arrogant, that man..."
My thoughts exactly. What Michel Asseline has managed to do over the years is to create a smoke screen and muddle up the issue so much that most people (even those with a decent knowledge of the accident investigation) may end up suspecting some conspiracy to protect a supposedly unsafe European (not just French) design.

For those who don't want to delve into the BEA's accident report and the judicial inquiry, watching the footage is enough of a hint; M. Asseline attempts a low-level, low-speed, low-energy flyby (with PAX - including disabled - onboard!) and screws up. Whatever happened to rule 5 (no flying below 500' except in the take-off/landing phases of flight)? His reckless showmanship is something I probably wouldn't even have tried on a PA-28. His "H@rd-on" comment on the CVR is also well documented.

Of course (as on every aircraft) there may well be some design flaws in the Airbus FBW series. But looking for them in the Mulhouse-Habsheim crash is the wrong place to start. I agree with Clandestino and Lemurian's posts.

Cheers

Last edited by FougaMagister; 16th Dec 2006 at 23:13.