PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 11:02
PH-UKU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Mr Jones.This was a very serious event, particularly for the operational staff who had the misfortune to be on duty at the time, and again, particularly for the ATCOs who were on radar when it all went blank.
... snip snip snip ....
#

Of course it could NEVER happen. Funny, is that not what was said the last time it 'never happened' .... but my memory is failing me ....... "nurse.. Nurse ... NURSE !! ... is it time for my pills again .. ?"

Well done to everyone who recovered from what might have been a very very bad situation. I think they should all get a huge Christmas bonus, a couple of days off in Lieu, and a public "thank you ". Thank goodness there was no outage of NAS planned ....

However, I would love to know the background of whoever put up the intranet statement that said "safety was never compromised".......... not that I am suggesting it was, but it is a rather pointless statement particularly if read by someone who has just heard the air conditioning go quiet ...

Hmmmm - if that's the case ... why don't we just get rid of radar and serviceable frequencies ... I mean do we REALLY need them, as they cost soooooooo much ..... ?

Until you've been there and had it all go 'plink' .. you have no idea ....

Last edited by PH-UKU; 16th Dec 2006 at 11:19.