PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Terminal In Dublin Goes Ahead
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2002, 23:02
hobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who am I too argue with THEROLFE2 and BILLYFISH2 (I wonder if they are related?) ...... but lets look forward to the future they portray ..... more and more of what you have in Dublin airport today (does anyone really think that a pier is going to solve anything?) as for Dublin city its self ....... practically gridlocked on surface transport and rapidly becoming the most expensive city in Europe to live and operate in (perhaps even in the world) ...... good luck "T" and "B" if the future is in your hands

ps ..... for the record, this is what I had in mind re the rail link .....

Modern Rail structure to provide links from west of Dublin … Wexford ….Cork …. Sligo and Galway ……. Limerick ….. all through to Shannon ……. Much of the basic links already exist …

Park and Ride facilities (out of town) at these major sites and some enroute with good security and reasonable charges …… my estimate is that no one, anywhere in the country, need be more than say 30 to 40 minutes away from these park and ride points

Modern rolling stock with attractive on-board facilities …… frequent and reliable service ….

It would take guts , Imagination , determination and would it work? …… of course it would! ……..

….. and could the Irish afford it? ….. well there’s a proposal right now to build a soccer stadium for between 500 million and 1,000 million dollars ……. nice !!!! ..... Why not build a 200 million dollar stadium (like the Welsh) and put the rest into this project …….