PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chaos in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 09:56
Davey Clark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cover-up by NATS?

I have to agree with Mr Jones.This was a very serious event, particularly for the operational staff who had the misfortune to be on duty at the time, and again, particularly for the ATCOs who were on radar when it all went blank.

It appears to me that NATS seem to be trying to dumb-down this incident and sweep it under the carpet. (Maybe tarnish their shiny new logo )

The NATS intranet site finally admitted to the incident two days after the event, and described it as a power interuption where a few systems were lost - no mention that these were live operational systems.

Also worthy of note was that the report only contained a few lines, and that the page counter showed that less than 100 people had viewed the page. Another (different) page also released onto the site that day had well over 1000 hits. So at what time on Friday was this page put up onto the intranet??? Maybe after most staff had gone home for the weekend?

Worse than Tony B and his "good day to hide bad news" methinks, or am I just TOO cynical?

Wings level, ball in the puddle