PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2006, 00:18
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roamingwolf

Why does the new owners want to delist from the stock exchange?

Does everyone HAVE to sell their shares?
Answer to question #1.
My understanding of your first question is that a PRIVATE company ( what we will be from March ) will be run a lot tighter, and not have the AGM's ( saving millions of bucks alone) to worry about as the majority stakeholders /shareholders will be predominately be made up of the Board. It will effectively reduce the layers of management. So that if they want action-they'll get it immediately rather than going thru the layers/silo's that exits at the moment. My prediction is that it will be steady as she goes from now 'till March then if will be FULL STEAM, as the Equity Group will want to see at least a $1billion return for this finacial year......at least. If not , the Sustainable Futures campaign will look like a Wiggles concert in comparison to the next edict.

Q #2.

Anyone with shares will get a cheque in the mail come March for the number of the shares they have x $5.60. My advice is-DO NOT do your own tax return at the end of this financial year as there will need to be some nifty accounting to minimise the tax on the shares , particularly if you have a few!!!