PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Offices Raided by French Police
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 23:36
FougaMagister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clarence Oveur
Do you know what percentage of EU regulations and directives have been transposed into national law in France - thus becoming de facto French law - compared to other EU nations?
What I do know is that last year (like several times before), the European Commission itself has ranked France among the top three offending member States when it comes to non-implementation of EU law.

Then again, it's typical French attitude: if the rules suit us, then fine; otherwise, we'll just ignore them

What did the Public Prosecutor really expect to achieve by organising an Untouchables-style raid at easyjet ORY (apart from the sick satisfaction of having his 15 minutes of fame)? Since when do you need Gendarmes to enforce labour law? I can't imagine that a more civilised request wouldn't have yielded the same result. I can't imagine either such an unnecessary show of force by the UK CAA. Welcome to the EU's only banana republic.

Cheers

P.S.: I am French - and ashamed of such arrogant behaviour, which only serves to reinforce all the usual cliches about the French.