PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 20:10
roamingwolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no economics student but If the takeover gets the go ahead from the gov or costello I have a couple of questions.

Why does the new owners want to delist from the stock exchange?

Does everyone HAVE to sell their shares?

Someone onanother thread reckons that the group want to buy all the shares and that is why they don't want to have QF on the exchange but it sounds as if there are other reasons.What if it is to stop someone else making a hostile takeover of the new owners? What if it is so they don't have to explain anything to the ASX? Can they seperate the different parts of QF and then ree list so that the combined share price or inherent value of the group is bigger than the price they paid for the company in the first place?

I realise that the faaa knows everything and that they have thought of everything that we have all thought of or come up with but if the faaa rep here has gotten over his ego problem I have a suggestion.

What if we don't have to sell our shares? Can we get together with the pilots and other qf employee groups and with union funds buy as many qf shares before the takeover is complete and combine them with the ones we already have.

I reckon that as a group such as cabin crew or whatever under the new IR laws we have little to fight with BUT as a shareholding GROUP we might have a bit more punch in our negotiations.

The pilots have thought of this as a pilot goup but what about a Qantas employee group.I reckon between us there must be a fair number of shares and if we spend as much money as we as individuals can afford plus what the unions could buy we might be able to buy a slice of the pie.

But this is only if shareholders don't have to seel their shares.

ps twiggs NFI

Last edited by roamingwolf; 15th Dec 2006 at 20:20.