PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 18:57
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there terrier.

The accolade was apparently awarded by a panel of judges on behalf of Passenger Terminal World, a publication I must confess to never having heard of although I am sure many aviation professionals have.

Amongst the range of critera to be considered were the food and retailing. Hmm! Not sure about these, especially the food outlets.

The next few weeks could be crucial to the airport’s future expansion. The North Somerset Council is currently supervising the public consultation period for the master plan and on 18 January its relevant committee will decide whether the plan can be used as a guide for subsequent planning applications.

Already one local MP is demanding that the council adopt a noise quota system for day flights as part of any acceptance of the plan.

I remember a decade or more ago the then local authority originally insisted there be no night flights at all as part of the price to be paid for their passing the plans for the new terminal. Common sense eventually prevailed.

Even if the council does accept the master plan (and it would be a surprise to me if they did not try to tinker with some of it), each planning application for the likes of the terminal extension, on-site hotel and multi-storey car parks will still need a lot of pushing through.

18 January will certainly give a clue as to how much pushing will be needed over the next few years.