PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to the EK payrise Thread (Muttley's Mystery revealed)
Old 15th Dec 2006, 17:26
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My guess is that if - (and I admit that it's a very big "if") - they do offer basings, they'll offer them to senior pilots, some of whom might take it, despite the fact that they'll be losing free accommodation, free medical, a car to and from work AND then have to pay income tax in the country in which they are based.

But I'd be willing to bet a very large sum that EK won't offer any extra money to make up for these lost privileges. So, my guess again is that most people with more than one or two years to go to retirement or their planned resignation who are offered these basings will do their sums and see it would be a serious slug to the pocket and so, despite all the grumblings, (which they'll continue to do), most won't take it up.

This will leave the company able to offer the basings to new hires and able to say to current employees who complain: "we offered you a basing, but you wouldn't take it."

Absolutely no inside information on any of this; just my opinion.